Friday 1 November 2013

Oh Happy Day!!

Hallelujah!

The paperwork part of this adoption process is DONE! FINISHED! FINITO!
(insert happy dance here)

We received the final piece of documentation we needed for our home study the other day so this morning Cassidy and I walked to the post office to mail off our home study! Now it gets sent to Regina for notarizing and then off it goes to our agency in Nevada. The big guy in charge in Regina just got back from a month of holidays today, so I'm sure he'll have a bunch of paperwork to sift through so I'm not expecting it to get to our agency anytime soon, but at least it's out of our hands!! It's all up to them now!
AND while I was mailing it off I checked our mail and our adoption book I ordered from Shutterfly came today! We rushed home to look at it and...wow...it's perfect! Now we have to send that book down to our agency as well. It may have to go through Regina first, I need to find that out, but again, once we send it off, it's out of our hands!

So now...we wait! I was always not looking forward to the waiting process but now that we're just about at that point, I'm excited about it. Obviously it's one giant step closer to baby, and there's nothing we can do about it on our end. We've done our part, now we just need to trust and pray until the right lady is brought to us. I can do that!!
(We actually won't be officially on the waiting list until all this paperwork gets sent to our agency, so it may not be for another month or so)

Actually...ok I lied...we're not totally done with paperwork yet. Now that all this is done, we have to get a jump start on the immigration process. I downloaded the form online and it doesn't look that hard, but we've been told that they are very slow on their end (government. What else is new?) and so we need to start it now. Part 1 needs to be completed before we can bring our baby back across the border.

Today I'm not bothering with that though. Today I'm praising Jesus for another step completed in the process! Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment