Monday 31 March 2014

Where We Are Now

I know I just posted an update from our agency, but I wanted to post a more overall update of where we're at with everything else going on with this adoption. 
We received a HUGE financial blessing this week. We had already decided back in fall that when we filed our income taxes, we'd put the total we got back towards our adoption (minus 10%). My dad filed our taxes for us and when all was said and done, we will be getting $9,842 back! We were not expecting an amount that big! This puts us just over the $30,000 mark for money raised! Also, we had a lady put on an online Lia Sophia party with some proceeds to go to our adoption. The party closed last week and I haven't heard yet what we're getting from that. We do have another fundraiser coming up as well. We're having a Soup and Bun lunch after church on April 13. If you live in the Saskatoon area and would like to support us, we'd love to see you there! I'm excited to see where we'll be at after these fundraisers!
In other news, we have been accumulating baby stuff like crazy! I still can't believe all the stuff babies "need". When we brought Cassidy home, we also brought home a crib, playpen, high chair, exersaucer, bouncy chair, stroller, change table, carseat... a lot of stuff! It's been really nice as she's gotten bigger to slowly be able to move everything out of the house, but I gotta say, I'm looking forward to putting it to use again! Along with all that, we now also have a bassinet, swing, baby tub and we will be getting a double stroller, all given or loaned. I've also been getting some baby clothes/towels/blankets off the buy and sell and I've got a nice little stash already. We will still need an infant carseat, but I'm waiting until we know a date, then I'm hoping to borrow one. I'm going on a girl's trip to Edmonton this week and I'm hoping to get a dresser for the baby room and a couple other things. Shopping is going to be hard when I don't have money to spend!
So to sum it up, we're pretty much ready for this baby! As ready as we can be, I guess. I don't think I'll ever be prepared for the lack of sleep that will come along with it! Each day that goes by brings us one day closer to meeting our little one. I just can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment