Thursday 27 March 2014

3 Month Update!

We've now been on the waiting list with our agency for 3 months. These have been some of the longest and shortest months of my life! Every day I seem to get more and more anxious for this baby, yet these months have just flown by! I cannot believe that winter is practically over already. I hope the months continue to speed by at this rate, except I wouldn't mind if time slowed down over the summer ;)

As it nears the end of the month, I start checking my email twice as much as usual, because it means an update from our agency is coming soon! This morning was the day, so here's what I have to tell you. Our profile was shown twice this month, and they've had an increase in birth moms so they are expecting that we will get shown again soon! This means our profile has been shown a total of 4 times all together since January. I wish they could give us more information about these ladies, but I understand why I can't. I'm so glad that God knows who they are, and that I can lift them up in prayer to Him and He knows exactly who I'm talking about. I find it hard to know what to pray. Obviously, I want one of them to pick us, but I also want them to make the right decision for their child. So I'm just praying that God's will would be done in their lives, and that whatever they decide, that their baby will be raised in a loving home. 

Would you join me in praying for these women? I recently read a fiction novel about a girl who got pregnant in high school. She decides to give her babies (twins) up for adoption and it was fascinating reading about her visits to the adoption agency, and how she picked the family that she did. I got to have a glimpse of what it's like on the other side, and it broke my heart even more for these women who wind up with an unplanned pregnancy. They desperately need our prayers. 

Thank you for all who have been praying and supporting us. I was really hoping for a phone call this month (I guess it's not quite over yet). It sometimes feels like it's never going to come, but God knows and I have to remember that His timing is better then mine. I have no idea how I'm going to react when that phone call does come! I hope I don't faint! 


No comments:

Post a Comment