Friday 18 October 2013

Pressing On

Hello friends,
Just logged in here to share a quick update with you. Our final meeting with our social worker is on Monday. I was feeling discouraged the other day. I received an email from her that for some reason didn't get to me the first time, so not hearing back from me, she sent it again. We found out that we need to complete 10 hours of adoption education that we had previously thought did not apply to us. This was frustrating as I thought it would be a sit down course that we'd have to take over the next few weeks. Our lives are already so busy, I did not know how we were going to find the time to do that. Thankfully, after some digging and asking around (the adoption group on Facebook has been the hugest blessing!) I found out that you can buy the online course and do it all online. What a relief! We bought the course and are hoping to start it tomorrow and get a good chunk of it done. I always get immediately discouraged when little setbacks happen and I was talking complaining about it to John and he said "Maybe these delays happen because God has a specific baby in mind for us and it's not that time yet." Oh, he always knows what to say to encourage me! I have been reminding myself of this over the past few days.
I also finished the profile book that we need to make for our agency. This was a lot of work and even though I enjoyed putting it together, it was also hard. And humbling. Our agency said to make sure that everything sounds really positive and not to include anything about struggles, hard times, etc. Even though these things are a very real part of our lives, the mothers looking at these books don't want to see that. They want to see the happy, shiny side of our lives. This makes sense to me, but I still felt almost egotistical as I purposely left out the hard parts of marriage, parenting, etc and just showed the good. I think it turned out really good and we should be receiving it by early November!
That's where we're at right now! I have been so encouraged by people's prayers as of late. They are not going un-noticed, by God or by us! So thank you! My Mary Kay party is tonight and I've had quite a few people volunteer to do baking for us in November, so that's been great! I'm so excited that the paperwork part is almost done!! I can't wait until the day we find out we're on the waiting list! God is so good and we are so blessed.
Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment