Thursday 10 October 2013

Perfect is Over-Rated

I couldn't sleep last night so I was perusing the Internet and decided to check out our adoption agency's website again. I stumbled across some testimonials from people that have used their agency (which are always helpful and encouraging) and I was reading through some of them and in one of the stories a couple shared that from the time their initial paperwork was completed until the time they held their newborn in their arms was 6 months! 
6 months!
If this wasn't enough to make my jaw drop, they continued to say that they thought it was so neat how while they were still in the paperwork process, the birth mom was already pregnant with their baby. 
Hold the phone.
Our baby could be alive. Forming, growing. Right. Now. 
This was something I never considered. I figured we'd get the paperwork in, wait a few months, hear about a lady who just found out she was pregnant, yada yada yada. It never dawned on me that when we get a referral she could only be months or even weeks away from giving birth! 
(As you can imagine, this didn't help my not-sleeping issue!)
But seriously. This is all I can think about today. Productivity is out the window (good thing my house is clean!)

Speaking of paperwork, we are almost done (can I get a Hallelujah?) We have our final meeting on the 21st then our home study gets sent to Regina, and I've just begun to work on our profile book to send to our agency. This is stressing me out a bit. I want so badly for it to be perfect, after all this book is the means by which someone picks us! My loving, ever calm and rational husband reminded me last night that people don't want to see perfect. They want to see real. I need to keep remembering that. It seems that people only post the "perfect" parts of their life on all these social media outlets, but the reality is no one's life is perfect. My child is not perfect. My marriage is not perfect. God knows this, and he takes our inadequacies and uses them to show us HIS glory, HIS perfection. I love this passage in 2 Cor- 
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I'm having a Mary Kay party next Friday and the money from the sales is going towards our adoption. I've had a good response and even some that can't make it are still ordering so I'm excited for that! Also on Nov. 16 we're having a baking table at the Warman Craft and Bake Sale. I've had a number of people that are going to do baking for us, and I'm still looking for more. If you would like to help out in that way, please talk to me! 

I'm praying even harder for the wonderful lady that could be, at this moment, carrying our child. Please if you think about us, pray for her as well. I can't imagine what she's going through so I'm lifting her up to the One who does. Thanks for reading my random thoughts and for the continued prayers. We are definitely feeling them! I love the body of Christ!



2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do some baking for you! Our kitchen is going to be renovated here in the next few weeks, so I need to get some stuff done before then... I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'm making a list of everyone that volunteers so I'll put your name down!

    ReplyDelete