Tuesday 26 August 2014

Back to Work

"Summer days, drifting away..."

How is it already the last week of summer? I am in mourning. Summer is hands down my favorite season. I love everything about it (except the bugs). For us, life really slows down in the summer. The rest of the year we are so busy and so summer feels like a breath of fresh air, a break that we all desperately need. I don't work during the summer and we spend most evenings sitting around a fire in our backyard, playing at the park and staying up late watching the sun set. Last night Cassidy and I took Maya to the new dog park in Warman (great place!) and then we came back and made s'mores over the fire John made while we were gone. These are the memories I love to hold on to. It feels like this should've been a crazy busy summer, with a new baby and all the adjustments that come with that, but this has been one of the more relaxing summers I can remember. We were home from Vegas mid-June so by the time July hit we were already falling into a nice routine and were able to really soak up summer. I know I'm always going to look back on the summer of 2014 with nothing but fond, happy memories and I'm so thankful for that!

And yet, life goes on. This fall life is going to look quite different for us! I'm still teaching piano, but I'm cutting back a bit. I'm going from 14 students to 11, so not a huge difference but with the baby I can't teach after school when there is no one to watch her. I wasn't sure how we were going to do with losing that little bit of money, but God is good and has once again provided above and beyond! My friend is going back to work from maternity leave at the end of October and has asked me to take care of her little guy 3 days a week. So Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I'll have a 3 and a half year old, a 1 year old and a 7 month old! I am really excited about this, but boy, am I going to be busy! I'll have him from 8-5ish and then have an hour to eat/clean up before I teach piano all evening. I really really hope Aviannah is sleeping through the night by then so I'm at least getting a full nights rest!
*on that note, she is SO close! For 2 weeks now she sleeps from 10:00 till 3:00/4:00 and then till 8:00. A few times she's done the whole night through. I am loving this new routine!*

Another big change is that my sister is moving in with us next weekend! She's going to university for her Education degree but is doing most of her classes online. This is going to be a huge help for us! We are charging her rent, but not alot because we will also get her to help in other ways. She's babysitting for us when we both have worship team practice, she's help with meals during the week and it'll just be fun to have her around! I'm really looking forward to it! 

So wow, this fall is bringing some big changes. And as much as I'm going to miss this beautiful summer season, I'm looking forward to what's ahead. It's already been amazing to watch how much Aviannah has changed over the summer, how she's grown and what she's learned. Still my favorite part about motherhood is getting to witness these babies grow up, and watch them grow into amazing little people despite the million times you feel like you've failed them. It's a privilege and a gift and so I look forward to what's ahead, despite the busyness. Except the cold weather. That's never any fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment