Tuesday 12 August 2014

5 Months!

Sorry it's been quiet here lately. We've been having a very busy and fun August. I can't believe it's already half over :( 

Today Miss Aviannah is 5 months old! This is also so hard to wrap my brain around. Next month is halfway to a year already! She is definitely tinier then the average 5 month old baby so it still seems like she's so much younger, but she is proving that size doesn't matter and is ripping through milestones these days!

She laughed for the first time a few weeks ago and then didn't really after that. I was lucky enough to catch the first laugh on camera and we tried so hard to get her to do it again, but she wasn't interested. Then this past weekend we were at John's cousin's place and he got her laughing so hard! Again, we got it on camera and since then she hasn't stopped! I was giving her a bath last night and she was laughing so hard that John came in and was like "What are you doing to make her laugh like that?" All I was doing was saying "Hi Avi!" She also thinks it's hilarious when I blow kisses on her tummy. Her laugh is so funny. She doesn't smile very big when she laughs and it's very low sounding and forced. I wonder if it's hard on her lungs to laugh, but she seems to get better the more she practices :)

She also rolled over from tummy to back a few weeks ago, and has done it a few times since. She can't do back to tummy yet, but she can sure wiggle around! In the mornings when I get her from her crib, she is never in the same place that I left her. One thing that we are sad about is that she won't sleep on our chests anymore. If we put her on us on her tummy, she just lifts her head up and immediately tries to roll off of us :) It's pretty cute, but I'm sure going to miss those snuggles.

We borrowed a Bumbo chair from a friend and Avi loves sitting in it. I'm finding she wants to be sitting more then lying down these days. She is also sleeping in longer stretches (HALLELUJAH!). We still put her to sleep in our room and she usually does 4-5 hours, sometimes 6, wakes to eat and then I put her to sleep in her crib for the rest of the night so she doesn't wake to John's alarm. I feel like we need to be moving her to her crib permanently soon but I'm just not ready! I like knowing that she's only a few feet away if she needs us and I know I wouldn't hear her as well if she was down the hall. But she is quickly outgrowing the bassinet so it needs to happen soon. Just one of those harder milestones.

We've done weekend trips these past two weekends and I am amazed at how well Avi has done! Cassidy also, but she's always been good that way. We were camping the first weekend in August and Avi slept so good and was happy the whole weekend long. She loves being outside so all the fresh air must've helped! Then this past weekend at the family reunion, she was also so happy. She sometimes gets over stimulated when she's around big crowds of people but she did great being passed from person to person. I still can't believe how we have two flexible, happy, easy going girls. I can take them anywhere and know that they'll do great and that is such a blessing!

I hope you all enjoy these last few weeks of nice weather! Cassidy is already talking about Christmas. I am so not ready for that yet, but it'll be here before we know it, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment