Saturday 28 December 2013

Joy Joy Joy!

Christmas is officially over. Today the decorations and the tree came down :( This always makes me a bit sad, as the Christmas season is definitely my most favorite time of the year. We were so blessed again this Christmas and I'm so thankful and full of praise to my God for the gift of His son. Even though we hear the same story and sing the same songs every year, I always find myself in awe of the Jesus story. I love that about God, how He can reveal simple truths in a whole new way and leave us once again amazed at His plan of salvation. 

We have had a wonderfully busy, but relaxing Christmas season. Cassidy, as usual, was spoiled with gifts. She gets double the presents, as we have Christmas with her birth family and our families as well. I think though, that even with all the toys and gadgets, we are getting the true meaning of Christmas across to her. She has come to obsess over nativity sets. My aunt collects them and has 16 set up in her house and when we went for a visit Cassidy had to find each one. She knows the characters and can even tell some of the story. Not bad for a 2 year old! Although, when I asked her who Christmas was about she shouted "Me!" So we still have some work to do! She has learned quite a few Christmas songs and loves to walk around the house singing her little heart out. Each Christmas with her just gets better and better!

My sister came home from Belize for Christmas and has been staying at our house for the past couple days. Cassidy loves having "Auntie Weesa" around and so do I! We've had lots of family gatherings with lots of food, games, presents and laughter. I can't help thinking about next Christmas and when I do, I see a little baby joining in on all the fun!

Speaking of baby, we just heard from our agency that we are officially on the waiting list! I am over the moon excited and I can't wait to get that phone call!! This past week we have recieved $850 towards our adoption from family and friends, and we are so thankful for all the support and generous hearts! One big prayer request we have is this: 
When we got the phone call about Cassidy, we both immediately felt God saying "Yes! She is the one for you!" It was unmistakable and the biggest confirmation I've ever felt in my life. We would appreciate prayer that we would feel the same confirmation with this baby, that God would make it clear who He has for us. 

I hope that you were blessed this Christmas, that you took time to thank God for His wonderful gift, and that you'll lean on His love and grace in the coming year. Be blessed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment